General Care & Maintenance
The majority of wear/damage done to a floor can often be avoided by implementing a solid preventative care program. See below for tips to prevent issues before they occur.
PREVENTIVE CARE- Avoid exposure to excess direct sunlight, which can cause movement and discolouration in vinyl floors. Blinds/Drapes should be used in these slight areas.
- Felt floor protectors should be used under furniture legs to help avoid surface scratches and damage. Glide N Guard floor protectors should be used under appliances.
- f moving heavy appliances/equipment with castors over the flooring be sure hardboard/plywood panels are placed on the floor to prevent surface damage.
- Use walk-off mats at all outside entrances (do not use rubber backed walk-off mats as they can discolour the floor).
- Use flat glides at least 2” (5.08 cm) in diameter under furniture legs to prevent indentations and scratching.
- Rolling casters on office furniture should be at least 2” in diameter.
- Never clean the floor with vinegar, abrasive cleaners, oil soaps, harsh detergents, or solvents.
- Do not use steam cleaners.
- Do not flood the floor or leave standing liquids including pet urine.
- Do not use vacuums with any type of beater bar assembly.
REGULAR MAINTENANCE- Sweep, dust, mop, or vacuum daily to remove dirt and grit.
- To remove dirt/soil use a damp mop with a properly diluted neutral detergent solution such as Armstrong S-485 or SC Johnson Neutral Floor Cleaner.
- Scuffs may be removed/ improved with the use of a soft nylon brush or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Sponge. Test in an inconspicuous areas first to ensure they won’t damage the floor surface.
- A heavily soiled floor can be cleaned with the use of a low-speed buffer not exceeding 300RPM and a diluted neutral detergent solution. The buffer should be fitted with a red or white scrubbing pad. Once the solution has been - worked over the entire floor, the dirty residue should be removed by damp mopping with clean water.
- Standing water, pet urine, and other liquids should be promptly removed followed by a cleaning with a diluted neutral detergent solution.
- For added protection against surface scratches and soiling, 1-3 coats of a high quality commercial floor polish (such as Armstrong S-480 or SC Johnson High Gloss Floor Finish) can be applied following the manufacturers recommended instructions. Special care may be required in high traffic areas.
Installations requirements are supplied in the carton.
Please refer to www.stixoriginal.com/installation/for the most current Installation instructions.
Please refer to www.stixoriginal.com/warranty/for the most current Warranty information.